Thursday 22 May 2014

Breast pumping Station at work

Without realising, I've been breastfeeding my Irfan for 16 months and still going strong. I really wanted to share my journey with fellow mummies and hope that some might be able to benefit from my experiences. Though I had tons of things to blog on my mind, I end up not doing so just cos I am a procrastinator. Really really bad. So here I am Five months after my first posting, writing out my second one. As promised this post is about how I set up my pumping station at work.

When I had my first daughter, I think too much about everything. Conscious of people knowing that I am expressing blah blah blah. So I had to make my way to the Health Centre at my work place to express my milk. Each "trip" would take me about 30-40 min in all to and fro. I used a double pump and I pumped for 15 min more or less. The rest of the time is taken up by washing up, sterilization and my walk to and fro the centre. Cos this was too time consuming, I could only afford one pumping session per day and just two months after i went back to work, I had to supplement my daughter with one formula a day and the rest either expressed breast milk (ebm) or direct latch (dl). People are just not happy that I am not at my seat for 30 min outside lunch time. I don't blame them really. Anyway, when I had my second one, I began planning in my mind how I was going to achieve full breastmilk feeding. I needed to pump at least 3 times a day at work to ensure sufficient supply. I need to pump at my desk. With my nursing cover of course!!! So when I came back to work after 4 months I did the most important thing; set up my pumping station and schedule.








Firstly I bought a tier shelve (the white coloured shelf below my document tray) from Daiso. These are stackable but I just use one. Below that shelf is where I keep my brestfriend :).

My pink baby sitting in the centre

Impulse Sealer for sealing my milk bags (I used Playtex standard Liners)

A simple weaved basket bought from Daiso to contain my milk bags.

















Really simple everything just where I need them. Just in case you are wondering about Playtex liners and impulse sealers, I am through with those expensive ziplock milk bags. The impulse Sealer cost me SGD$35 from Haig Road and Playtex Liners cost SGD$12 for 120 pieces for 236ml. They are so cheap that I don't need to pack so much in one packet. I could just pack enough for one feed. Throughout my Breastfeeding Journey with No.2, I've only bought 4 boxes. I looove them so much. They are pre sterilised, ideal for breastmilk storage just that there's no sealer. That's when the impulse sealer comes in handy. All all these can be used beyond breastfeeding days. I packed premeasured formula milk for my daughter in the smaller playtex bags (118ml), sealed them, ready for our long holidays. Hmm how bout sealing those half eaten prawn crakers...

 Nope you are not seeing the wrong thing. I really just use a laundry bag to air dry my breast pump essentials. Hehe take a peep in the bag. I bought the bag from Daiso as well. I just used a wall hook and attached it to the side of my table. Simple and Sweet.

For my breast pumping schedule:

Session One: 08.30-08.45
Session Two: 12.00-12.15
Session Three: 16.00-16.15
It's sure a long blog. I guess I need to do up another posting on how I sterilized my pump accessories. So long. Cross my fingers my nest posting won't be another 5 months.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment